Friday, January 18, 2008

Mom's gonna kill me!


We finally got some snow in Washington DC yesterday. Huge fluffy flakes were falling all morning. When a sufficient amount of snow had blanketed the back yard, I dressed my niece up in the essential snow gear and we headed outside. I showed her how to make and throw snowballs so we would be ready when her mom came out to join us. It wasn't too long before that Bean was outside ready for a fight. (Anyone who knows Bean knows that she can't resist any opportunity to soak her friends and loved ones.) We couldn't play too rough because Gaga was with us but we each got a few good hits in. In a final attempt to maintain my "big sister" status, I lobbed a well aimed snowball at Bean's head. She looked up just in time to get hit in the face. As I watched her glasses fly off my first thought was, "Uh oh Mom's gonna kill me!" Fortunately the glasses weren't broken and Mom lives 2,000 miles away. 20 years ago I would've gotten the wooden spoon for sure. Good thing I'm all grown up now.

1 comment:

Mycket said...

There is a naked kid on your website. You should be more worried about what Hayley's going to do to you even though she's 3,000 miles away