Saturday, January 26, 2008

I don't know

"I don't know." Its a phrase I've said and heard a lot lately. Mostly in reference to my future. I hate hearing it. I hate saying it. And I hate feeling it. But when it all comes down to it, I don't know. There are a few things in my life I do know. The rest is uncertain. I hate to make decisions. I'm terrible at it. I always want some one to just tell me what to do. But God is much wiser than that and allows me to make decisions, or leaps of faith rather, and once I've taken a step into the darkness, He lets me know if it was the right step. There have been many times I've chosen not to act because I didn't know "for sure." Those times have been some of my biggest regrets. I've missed out on too many things because I was waiting for a sign to point the direction to go. Or I was too afraid of failing to even try. Usually if I don't know, then I don't act. I sit complacent with my lack of direction and ambition. I heard and or said "I don't know" to one too many people this week and I've decided its time to know. Time to act. I'm never gonna know if I don't try right? So here goes nothing. Time to grab the bull by the horns! First act is to figure out what I'm doing with my future. This is my biggest "I don't know," but also the one I'm in the most control of. So... does anyone have any suggestions?

5 comments:

Ruth said...

You're gonna move back to California so we can hang out together! How's that!? I miss you!

Noah and Amanda said...

When I was figuring out whether to marry your brother I had the big "i don't know" experience. I wanted a 100 percent guarantee that we would be together forever. BUT I soon figured out that I have to trust that my answer to marry noah was right and put the rest of it into the Lords hands. I would have never known this great joy I'm in right now if I didn't trust in the Lord and take a leap.

Mycket said...

1) Boys are stupid, stupid creatures, CW.
2) I think I deserve some sort of credit for being your blog-mother.

Mycket said...

oh, oh, I need to change that to "Fairy Blog-Mother."

Hayley's Comment said...

You are going to Olympia, Washington where you will be 30 minutes from one of the little truckers. You will work in the state library there and go back to school. That's my prediction...ok...hope!