Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lady Cake

When a good guy friend turns 31 and is booted from his singles ward with no woman on the horizon, what does one do?... Make him an edible woman birthday cake! The "woman" is made from a 9 x 13 cake carved in the shape of a woman's torso, wearing a frosted bikini bottom and Sno Ball bikini top. It was an old trick I learned in college and as long as there are vending machines and gas stations selling Hostess Sno Balls, there will be woman cakes made. Its a real crowd pleaser. While my friend B-Licious was quite pleased with his woman, things didn't really work out between them (something about eating her). So a year later its time to make Vitamin B a new woman. This year I chose to go with a more modest woman and made him a Barbie Princess cake. While this cake is usually the highlight of little girls princess birthday parties, she was quite popular at this 32 year old male birthday party. So what am I gonna do next year?



3 comments:

Mikelle said...

SO HAPPY to see that the women cakes live on.....what a good trick. Here's too bday cakes and parties, some of my favorite things!

LM said...

Yay for woman cakes! Glad to see that you are keeping the tradition alive and introducing it to the East Coast. We had such good parties back in the day (and I wan't even there for most of the "glory days", just the "pretty-swell days" that came later).
I am suddenly having flashbacks of tromping in the snow...better get back to work before I spend the whole day reminiscing!!

Anonymous said...

Nice. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has made a birthday cake for a guy. Sometimes kids fight over who gets to lick off the candles. Who gets to lick off the barbie? LOL