Monday, April 7, 2008

Cherry Blossoms!

I LOVE this time of year! Love it. I love when the earth starts to wake up from the long cold winter and everything comes to life. I love the smells and the colors. I love the lengthening of the days and the increase in the temperature. I love the families on Spring Break with their matching sweatshirts. But above all I love the flowers. The daffodils, the hyacinths, the tulips and the BLOSSOMS. If you get the chance to go to DC for the Cherry Blossom festival, GO. One of my absolute favorite traditions (4 years running) is our annual cherry blossom picnic on the steps of the Jefferson memorial. My sister Bean has been pregnant for 2 of the 4 picnics we've had and the number of picnic-ers has been annually increasing. We've been lucky in that each year we've had great weather and have had our picnic when the blossoms were at their peak and before the rain got them. I think this year was the best I've seen yet. The blossoms were amazing. They trees were fuller than I've ever seen them. It looked like pop corn popping on the cherry blossom trees!

No comments: