Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tea Party and Dress Up!


One of my favorite things to do is play dress up. I love it. Love it! Always have. I love to explore the dress up box whenever I go home and jump at any opportunity to clothe myself and anyone else in a "beautiful" dress. On my recent trip home to Utah to help my mom with her broken ankle, I wasted no time getting into the dress up clothes. The occasion was a "tea party" (really a hot chocolate party) with my niece and nephew. While my mom and sister made the hot chocolate and arranged animal crackers on decorative plates, I dug through old boxes of ballet costumes and dress up clothes to find beautiful dresses for everyone. Once dressed, albeit over our clothes, we transformed into our tea party characters by speaking in our best English accents and calling each other "dear" or "darling." We then drank hot chocolate until the teapot emptied, munched on pink and white sprinkled animal cookies and talked about the latest gossip. It was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to have another one!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I LOVE IT! You're so fun! I miss playing dress up with you guys! Shawna looks great! Does she have two now? Is she wearing the dress that I wore to that one choir practice?! Good times! Tell everyone hi for me!

Hayley's Comment said...

I would love to join you next time you are enjoying tea (hot chocolate) and cookies!

Mycket said...

HI-LAR-IOUS! And so YOU! Man, I miss hanging out with you.

Becky said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there! You guys made life so fun back in the day! I especially loved our trip to Hawaii! Love, Becky

Ruth said...

Ooh yeah,and remember my date with Brad Pitt? That was great!