Saturday, July 11, 2009

Better Late than Never

On the 31st of January Soktheas Scott Lieng asked me to be his wife. After throwing out a few dates and getting all kinds of hassle we decided we just wanted to get married and chose the date of March 27th. This gave me 6 weeks to plan our wedding. It was a VERY busy 6 weeks as I had 2 other weddings to attend in California and Utah. But everything fell into place. I found a great location for a luncheon, a great photographer, flowers and everything I needed. I bought my wedding dress, which fit like a glove, exactly one week before my wedding. There were many small miracles that we were blessed with and few mishaps, but overall it was a perfect day. It rained the day before and the day after but not the day of. We were sealed in the Washington DC temple on March 27, 2009. The ceremony was very small and intimate, just how I wanted it to be. After taking pictures outside the temple we met our friends and family for a luncheon at the National Harbor. It was great to be surrounded by people we love and care about and to receive their well wishes. It was a nice yet casual lunch, which again was just what I wanted. I’m so happy to be married to such an amazing and wonderful man!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures. You both look amazing! I'm so glad that you found a wonderful hubby.

Unknown said...

You really are the good looking couple :D I love your dress! Your pictures are great. We're glad you two are in our ward and we can hang out.

kimi + joe said...

oh, how i love the new blog! this thrills me more than you know (not in a stalkerish way) anyway, you're a wonderful story teller. keep the good stuff coming!

Mycket said...

whoa whoa whoawhoawhoa! There's our girl! Love the update. YIPPEEE for you!

Mikelle said...

Love the little slideshow. We miss you...but are so glad you found a crab to marry!

Emily said...

What a cute slideshow! You looked so beautiful, and Scott is darling. You make such a great couple. I hope we can see each other again soon! You are the most fun girl ever! Love you!

Meg said...

Congratulations, Courtney! I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful day it must have been. Your look beautiful!