Friday, February 4, 2011

Barefoot & Pregnant with the hubby out to sea

Now that we live in sunny San Diego in a house just a block from the beach, I get to take a nice long walk on the beach every day with my dog. I take off my shoes and enjoy the feel of the sand beneath my feet. I love being barefoot!

Scott and I found out in December that we would be parents in August. We're really excited. I've been really lucky and haven't had any morning sickness. I've just been really sleepy. As I'm beginning my 2nd trimester I just switched out of the military medical to a civilian group practice and I'm really happy with it thus far. My pants are starting to get a little tight but no noticeable bump yet.

Once again my hubby and I are separated for more than 6 months. Didn't we just do this? YES. He left on Wednesday and while his ship is not scheduled to return until September we've been promised that as a first time father he'll be able to fly home from whatever port they stop at in August and make it for the birth of our baby. I love that my husband has such a deep sense of honor and loyalty and serves his country. It was especially hard for him to leave this time. I'll try my best to include and update him on everything but he won't be there to hear the baby's heartbeat, to feel the baby kick, to tell me I don't look fat, or run to the store when I REALLY need some ice cream. It's just part of being a Navy wife.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We're so excited for you two!! Glad to hear that you are feeling good and enjoying the beach.

It's a bummer that Scotty will miss out on the pregnancy. Albert was able to record the heart beat a couple times, maybe you can do that.

Some ultrasound places give you a video of the u/s, although we didn't get one, my mom did with my sister and that was 17 years ago.

Sarah said...

Congrats! So exciting. I'm glad you're feeling great and walks on the beach sound amazing. Good luck to you guys!

Mikelle said...

Glad to hear you haven't been sick like your sisters were. I've been thinking about you alot. Good luck with the next 6 months!

kimi + joe said...

I know I say this all the time, but I'm so, so excited to see you in March (one month from today!). I hope you have a big, rub-able belly by then too :)

As always, Scotty and you are in our prayers and we're excited for his safe and prompt return.

Meg said...

Congratulations on your baby! How exciting. I can imagine how hard it will be to not have Scott there, but you can do it; you're strong. He'll just have to get lots of pics, maybe sound clips of the heartbeat? :) Congrats again1