Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Big Sky Country

My friends, the Little Truckers, and I met up last week in Seattle (Hayley's neck of the woods) to enjoy a mountain retreat in Montana for our annual trip this year. We'd read A River Runs Thought It and were excited to enjoy the beautiful scenery Montana has to offer. While it did rain for much of the weekend we were not disappointed. Carren found us a great room at a fabulous spa/lodge/lake resort on Whitefish Lake. It had a super heated outdoor pool and hot tub right on the lake which we took full advantage of. We also took advantage of the spa and got massages and pedicures.
Glacier National Park was just down the road so we enjoyed driving through to see the beauty of God's creations. As it was pretty wet out we opted for the short hike to Avalanche Gorge. It was beautiful!
Cruising through the park we really hoped to see some wild life and we were not disappointed. Although we did create a slight "bear jam" just as we'd been warned not to. Oops! But it was a bear. Actually 3 bears. It appeared to be a momma and 2 older cubs. It was so fun to watch them. Carren may have freaked out a bit and Tristan swore the bear was looking at her. I just tried to get as much of it on video as I could.
After the bears we continued to enjoy the rest of the beauty of the park and hoped it would stop raining. Carren was MIA for this picture but there was still plenty of Little Trucker togetherness. I'm so glad I have these great friends and we do this every year.
Now I have to repack my suitcase 'cause I'm flying to Australia tomorrow!

4 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Yeah, I love hearing about these Lil' Truckers adventures. Your mountain retreat sounds marvelous and I can't wait for your down-under Australia postings. Happy travels!

Mycket said...

1) you blogged!
2) the bears were terrifying
3) I'm still pissed I'm not in that picture.

Tristan Takos said...

The bear was definitely looking at me.

Hayley's Comment said...

The girls reacting to the bears were the best part of the trip entirely!