Monday, March 29, 2010

One Year

One year ago on Saturday Scott and I were sealed in the Washington DC Temple. I can and can't believe it's been a year. We've both learned a lot about each other and about ourselves. Scott is such a great husband and I love him so much. That's probably why it was a very hard weekend. I was SO emotional. I couldn't say his name or that it was our anniversary without tearing up and/0r bawling. It was by far the hardest day of this deployment thus far. I've been given all sorts of advise from other military wives and there is one thing they all say that is consistent "it's not easy." I really missed Scott this weekend but I had great friends and family who spent time with me and sent me well wishes. I'm blessed to have so many great people who care about me. It's Spring outside and I live in a beautiful place. I have much to be grateful for...especially a wonderful husband!

3 comments:

Mycket said...

Aww, now I'm tearing up. Love you both!

Mikelle said...

What a bummer way to spend your first anniversary! Here's to happier days ahead! And Mikaila is SOOOOO excited that you are coming!

kimi + joe said...

Happy Anniversary, you love birds. You kiddles were in my thoughts on your special day and are in our prayers every day. We love you!